U.S Citizenship

U.S Citizenship can be obtained either by birth or by a naturalization process. When obtained by a Naturalization process, you are allowed to live and work in the U.S permanently and you can't lose the status even by extended travel abroad. Once your citizenship is obtained, it is quite difficult to lose it. U.S Citizens are afforded certain benefits and privileges which include the privilege of being able to cast their vote in the U.S elections. Another benefit is that U.S citizens may petition for the permanent resident (PR) status of their immediate family members like parents, spouses, children, and siblings. 


  • 5 years of PR status
  • 3 years of PR status to those who are married to U.S Citizens
  • Continuity of residence and good moral character.
  • Speak, read and write English (with some exceptions based on age and duration of PR as well as medical).
  • Satisfactory exam results in U.S government, history, and civics. 

How We Can Help You

SanSha Law Office can provide assistance to determine U.S citizenship eligibility through the naturalization process. We can also help guide our clients in planning for their future naturalization process making sure no issues will impact their ability such as extended external travel. We help our clients with naturalization applications who are on the path to Citizenship. 

For additional information please call us at (469) 777-6161 for your initial consultation, or if you prefer to use the Contact Us form, we will be more than happy to follow up with you. 
You can also click on the schedule An Appointment link on the page to schedule a meeting with us based on your convenience.

SanSha Law Office PLLC Is Here for You

At SanSha Law Office PLLC, we focus on Immigration, Real Estate, Estate Planning, Trademark and Corporate Law and we are here to listen to you and help you navigate the legal system.