Free H-1 B cap registration consultation.
H-1B CAP SEASON IS around the corner for FY 2023. Employers are encouraged to begin H-1B planning now and be ready to start the process. With the Great Resignation hitting every employer in today's market, companies should expect heavy competition for workers who may have multiple employment offers.
The H-1B program allows companies and other employers in the United States to temporarily employ foreign workers in occupations that require the theoretical and practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge and a bachelor's degree or higher in the specific specialty, or it's equivalent. H-1B specialty occupations may include fields such as architecture, engineering, mathematics, physical sciences, social sciences, medicine and health, education, business specialties, accounting, law, theology, and the arts.
Each year there is a limited number of H-1B visas issued. USCIS is allowed to grant 65,000, plus an additional 20,000 to foreign workers with advanced degrees.
Each year USCIS opens the H-1B registration process around the first week of March. After the H-1B registration closes, the employer receives a USCIS account notification email if the foreign worker was selected. At which time, the employer has 90 days to file the H-1B petition to USCIS.
Tentative Dates :
- Ability to create a USCIS Online Account - Starting Feb 24, 2022
- H-1 B Registration - Opens- March 9, 2022 and Closes- March 25, 2022
- Fee: USCIS Account holders can submit their registrations with the non-refundable $10 registration fee.
Lottery Dates :
- Lottery Dates: March 25- March 31, 202
- Master's degree applicants have a better chance at the selection as the USCIS starts with the regular cap list and then moves to the master's cap.
- USCIS NOTIFIES H-1 B SELECTED LOTTERY APPLICANT: Notifications will be sent out on this date, but USCIS reserves the right to send notifications later if they find additional visas available.
- April 1, 2022: Employers of selected registrants have 90 days from notification to submit a petition.
For any additional information, like filing and eligibility requirements, can be found on USCIS's official H-1B cap season website.
Please schedule a consultation for timely assistance to discuss any questions you may have about the H-1B petition.
For information about our free H-1B cap registration, please contact our law office at SanShalaw Office, PLLC.